Townships; Lockport, Homer
Population 25,046 (2012)
Time zone: Central (CST)
Postal code: 60441, 60446, 60491
Area code: 815, 779
As a historic town located along the Illinois and Michigan Canal, Lockport has a strong sense of community pride and commitment. Lockport recognizes the importance of embracing their heritage and bringing it to life through rich cultural experiences such as OLD CANAL DAYS, a weekly summer FARMERS MARKET & CAR SHOW, and a variety of new City events such as the summer Arts Series. Lockport is home to several amazing museums.
- Illinois State Museum – 1 of 4 in the State
- Lincoln Landing Park – Opened in 2009; Includes interpretative elements inter-twining President Lincoln’s strong connection to Lockport
- Gaylord Building – first commercial building to be listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings
- Gladys Fox Museum – housed in the oldest limestone building of its type in Illinois
- Will county Historical Society – housed in the original headquarters for the I & M Canal
Once a visitor has the opportunity to experience Lockport, they will want to learn more.
Please visit Lockport’s website at www.lockport.org where you can view a video tour of Lockport, highlighting the city’s tourism, business, industry , also parks and recreation.